Hiya! So I have another post that I intended to write up today and I will do that asap but I ended up working on the wood panel sides for Betty and Cooper…mostly, Cooper but I made some progress on Betty, as well.
I stopped by to see Dan and brought my newly purchased black pipe from Pacific Steel. I am going to cut it, drill it and then have Dan or someone weld the rebar on it so Betty matches Cooper. I measured the depth the pipes need to be cut. Dan said he ordered the rear brakes for Betty; they should be in next week. He ordered spark plugs and distributor and said might need a fuel pump. We talked about adding a muffler to her – she should purr, not roar, I think, and the exhaust pipe is currently a little janky looking. So we are rolling there. Dan left the extension cord out for me so I will go over tomorrow and said the decking on the bed down and maybe the back edge of the bed.
So today, I sanded all of the panels for Cooper and then got one coat (on half of them) of clear coat – exterior grade, semi-gloss. The varnish just brings out the color of the wood that is hard to capture in photos, I think. But I tried to – so here are some before and after shots from today’s work. I do love a project!
The two pictures below on the left are after planing and after sanding but before the clear coat varnish. The picture on the right is before I took the panels off of Cooper.
So that is all for tonight. I will figure out how to do a direct before and after picture tomorrow.